Search This Blog

Friday 30 October 2015

iSafe Pram Review *UPDATE*

My pram arrived to today! I was so excited to unpack it! We haven't really bought anything new for our new arrival and we didn't buy much new for Reuben but he was sick all over the hood of his pram and I've never been able to get in quite clean! So we decided to get a new pram this time. After a lot of online research prams are soooo expensive! I found a few on Amazon that weren't branded or were brands I hadn't heard of, the reviews were mainly good so I thought maybe it would be worth the risk to invest in one of them. To make it less risky I decided to buy through ebay via paypal so if anything wasn't as it should be I could claim my money back that way if the seller wasn't very cooperative. On first impressions I shouldn't have worried. In the end I went with the isafe pramette, it converts from a pram to a pushchair and can be both forward or rear facing. They also sell a car seat that can be attached to the base (I'm not so keen on buying car seats online as its hard to judge their safety). The pram can be easily unattached and carried as a carrycot, which will be great for me as we have 7 steep steps leading up to our house and I don't fancy trying to carry or bump the pram up and down those everyday! It will mean I can take the base down and then carry the baby in the carrycot down afterwards.  The pram came in a wide range of colours, I chose navy, I love the plum too but worry it might look a bit girly, Reuben always gets mistaken for a girl, so navy might stop this happening to the new baby!

The hood has a flip out sunshade and has a zipped section that can extend it further than in the photograph. The pram also has adjustable 5 point harness strap, which is great my last pram didn't have any straps to use whilst it was in pram mode. The pram is lovely and deep and has a zip on cover. Overall the quality is amazing I would say its comparable to the icandy that is much pricier. The wheels are really big and sturdy and the handle is adjustable, which means even my 6ft 1 hubby will be comfortable pushing it without getting an achy back.  I'm so glad I bought this pram and recommend it to others. I paid £200 plus postage and packaging but bought it whilst there was an offer on ebay meaning I saved 20%, after researching if online this seems the average price some other colours are slightly cheaper or more expensive but I would say they're all good value


*UPDATE* I have been using this pram for 4 months now and I still rate it highly. I have steps outside my house so when taking my son out I have to un clip the carry cot from the base and take the base down first then the carrycot with him in it. It's super easy to do. The rain cover is great as it unzips so you can keep it on incase it rains again but your baby can get some fresh air! The basket underneath is excellent, not huge but big enough and the fact it has a zip up cover is fab as it means I can stuff it full of shopping and then zip it up and not worry about anything falling out. There are so many options for how you recline your baby as well! So to conclude, it's fab such a great purchase. Also my 4 month old is huge ( over 18lbs) and very long and still has lots of space to lie down when it's in pram mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment