Search This Blog

Friday 23 October 2015

23 weeks pregnant

So today I am 23 weeks and 3 days pregnant, this pregnancy is flying by. The first time around everyday felt like an eternity! Yesterday I ordered a new pram for the new arrival and it got me thinking about superstitions, it's supposed to be unlucky to have a pram in the house before the baby is born. I'm really not one for believing in superstitions like walking under a ladder, a black cat crossing your path or breaking a mirror bringing bad luck or having a pram in the house as being unlucky. I do though have this thing about trying not to tempt fate, which I think some would see as being exactly the same! Maybe it is! Its just how I feel! We waited until we had our dating scan before announcing our pregnancy and I really do not want a baby shower. I cant imagine how hard it would be to have all those gifts if something terrible were to happen and I've always felt like I need to have my baby in my arms for me to know everything will be alright. I also feel its nice to be able to let anyone bringing a gift to be able to see and hold the baby. That doesn't mean to say I don't agree with others having them, they just really aren't for me! I wonder if I feel this way more because of having a previous premature labour, I don't know but I didn't want a baby shower then either and I think even if I manage to go full term with this one and we have another I would still feel the same and be counting down every milestone during the pregnancy. Only four more days until I reach the 50% chance of survival if born premature. Then the next milestone is 27 weeks when chance of survival reaches 80%. Please stay in there little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment