Search This Blog

Saturday 7 November 2015

My Crochet Addiction!




Today I'm 25 weeks and 3 days pregnant and feeling great, I'm finally a bit less tired and at the moment I'm hopeful I'll at least make it to further along than I was with Reubie. My crochet addiction feels like it's stepped up a gear!! I can't stop making things!


My sister is due her little girl at the beginning of December and one of my friends is due 2 weeks before me, so as well as Reubie I have 3 other children I can make for! I think crochet is like nesting for me! I taught myself to crochet about 2 years ago by watching crochet tutorials on youtube! If you're thinking about learning do it!



 

 It really is easy once you learn a couple of stitches. I would recommend starting with a basic granny square until you feel confident and then try a few basic patterns such as a pixie baby bonnet. At the moment I'm obsessed with the BallHanknSkein patterns on Etsy, you can find their page here BallHanknSkein.




 I especially love the fairisle cardigan I think I have made about 10 of them! they are easier to make than they look, and I like that they look knitted rather than crocheted. I plan on posting a very simple pixie bonnet pattern on here in the next few days, which is a great pattern for newbies to start with. 









No comments:

Post a Comment