Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 January 2016

4 weeks until due date!!!

So since my last blog post I have had my last scan at 34 weeks. It was an extra growth scan due to my previous premature labour. Although as I've said before I'm not sure that I need the extra growth scans seeing as my sons size was never an issue! Any how it was lovely to see Boy again and to know that everything looked ok. They said he was measuring perfectly average for gestation, which would have been about 5lbs, so that was great. I had a midwife appointment later that day as well and when she measured my bump it measured 3 weeks ahead! 37 weeks instead of 34! And as I've heard that scans can be up to a lb out I cant help but wonder if Boy is going to be a big baby like his brother! I know measuring a bump isn't the most accurate either, but I cant help thinking he's going to be big! I'm not actually worried about the birth at all, even though this baby will be much bigger than Reubie who was only 3lbs15. I'm also quite laid back about my birth plan. I'm not really sure they're worth having, I think it would be disappointing if you set your mind on a water birth and then were unable to have one. My plan if you can call it a plan is to have pain relief if I feel I need it and to give birth in my local maternity hospital. I don't want an epidural the thought of that needle freaks me out! And I'm really not afraid of needles usually. Epidurals aren't available at the maternity hospital anyway. I don't like the thought of a water birth but if its suggested by the midwife and I feel like it at the time maybe I will! I haven't really thought of positions as I think that's something you can only decide at the time. With Reubie I had been in hospital and having contractions for 2 days before I was in active labour so I was so tired there was no way I could do anything but lie down. I remember close to the end of labour the midwives asking me to sit up more as the gravity would help and I said 'I can't you'll have to drag me up!' which they did! I hope this time around I won't be so tired and I can try some different positions which may help me to have a faster and more comfortable labour.
Just one more week and I will have reached full term, I really never thought I would make it this far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment