Search This Blog

Sunday 23 October 2016

Teething / How I'm suviving with no sleep!!!

Ebens never been a particularly great sleeper but I had gotten used to his sleep routine of asleep by 730/8 then waking at 1ish or if I was lucky 3ish then 7ish. He's slept through the night once and of course that was a night Reubie decided to wake up twice! But OMG teething!! The first two weren't too bad, I think his front teeth must be coming through now though he won't really let me look but I think I can see one peeking through and he's showing all the telltale signs: hot red cheeks, runny bum,  rubbing his ears and generally being big clingy and off his food. And he's been so unsettled at night, which when I do an early shift on a Saturday and have to be at work for 7am is not good! Anyway for me I've found the best way to cope is when I put him to bed (we cosleep) I then stay in bed and watch tv. That way I can relax and settle him easily. I've also found the only way I get through the day is strong coffee and lots of chocolate! I've been eating brownies for breakfast I'm that hungry from both being woken up multiple times at night and from comfort feeding through the night! Reubie really didn't suffer with teething, not until his last molars came through when he was nearly 3, I wonder if that has anything to do with him being a late tether?! Reubie was a year when he got his first tooth and Eben was 7 months.
I've found nothing seems to help make Eben feel better other than cuddles and boobie but I have been giving him calpol before bed and Anbesol liquid on his gums. He's also worn an amber teething anklet more or less since birth, I'm not sure it's helped but I dare not take it off invade he gets worse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment